Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nouveau Profile








From the day 3-9-10. In the afternoon I was at 20th and Valencia working on this new piece. The way the weather has been so unpredictable lately, I have been looking for a stretch of a few dry days to get some drawing in. Yesterday was a bizarre bit of weather: Cloudy...sun...rain...sun...cold and cloudy...sun and rain simultaneously...HAIL!...rain...sun and rainbow.
I made use of the sunlight that was available and drew a woman's profile, with colorful wavy hair trailing behind. Very art nouveau in principle. It was a cold, windy day. Luckily I had a couple friends that came to hang out, playing a little guitar and singing. And stretching the legs with a bit of hacky sack.
By the time the light was disappearing, I had made good progress but my fingers were frozen.
Went to the usual Muddy Waters afterwards to warm up and hang out for a bit with my comic illustrator friend.
Into the evening, theres been a fair amount of rain; this throws into doubt whether this piece will remain by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment